After reading the two resources, I found that both distributed and open learning involve e-learning. As the times change, science and technology are becoming more and more advanced. When we were in a pandemic, the original offline education model had to be transformed into an online model. At first I thought online learning would be difficult. It may be that I have been accustomed to offline teaching mode for a long time, and teachers and students can directly interact and guide us. But after more than a year of online experience, I found it easy for me to adapt. The school has registered a webpage dedicated to online learning, and students can quickly and clearly understand their course information. Teachers also use different methods to teach online, and I feel that online learning is also quite interesting.

In Major’s article, I learned that technology brings us a different experience in distributed and open learning. As mentioned in the article, “technology has created the digital microcosm of the course itself.” Major, CH (2015). In online classes, our course venue is the Internet, and students and teachers interact through the Internet, exchange information, and make courses. Even if we can’t go back to school, through this technology, students and teachers can create their own learning space on the Internet at the same time. And these make us feel the same as the experience of offline learning.

When I am reading “Openness and education”, social media also has “an impact on thinking about open practice and online academic activities.”Weller, M. (2017).As social media continues to be widely used by people, it also provides a platform for free discussion. In addition to the knowledge learned in the school’s professional courses, we can also obtain different information through social media and carry out rich discussions. If I am a teacher in the future, I will use social media to understand the topics that students are interested in, and collect some useful information to incorporate in my courses. This will not only increase students’ interest in learning, but also allow students to actively participate in the course.

Reference

Jordan, K. & Weller, M. (2017) Openness and Education: A beginners’ guide. Global OER Graduate Network.

Major, Clair Howell. (2015). Teaching Online – A Guide to Theory, Research, and Practice. Johns Hopkins University Press. Retrieved from http://ebookcentral.proquest.com/lib/uvic/detail.action?docID=3318874 (p. 10)