After reading the two resources, I found that both distributed and open learning involve e-learning. As the times change, science and technology are becoming more and more advanced. When we were in a pandemic, the original offline education model had to be transformed into an online model. At first I thought online learning would be difficult. It may be that I have been accustomed to offline teaching mode for a long time, and teachers and students can directly interact and guide us. But after more than a year of online experience, I found it easy for me to adapt. The school has registered a webpage dedicated to online learning, and students can quickly and clearly understand their course information. Teachers also use different methods to teach online, and I feel that online learning is also quite interesting.

In Major’s article, I learned that technology has brought us different experiences of distributed and open learning. As mentioned in the article, “Technology creates a digital epitome of the curriculum itself.” Major, CH (2015). In online classrooms, our course venue is the Internet. Students and teachers interact, exchange information, and make courses through the Internet. Even if we cannot go back to school, through this technology, students and teachers can create their own learning space on the Internet at the same time. All of these make us feel the experience of offline learning. On the other hand, if the teacher only teaches online through ordinary methods, students may find it boring. After all, during online classes, students are likely to secretly do other things. Because the teacher cannot supervise them. In order to improve the overall teaching quality, teachers must make changes. Teachers can display teaching content in the form of power points. You can also use different elements to make students feel different. This article has inspired me that without today’s technology, we cannot experience so many ways of education.

When I was reading “Openness and Education”, social media also “has an impact on thinking about open practice and online academic activities.” Weller, M. (2017). As social media continues to be widely used by people, it also provides a platform for free discussion. In addition to the knowledge learned in the school’s professional courses, we can also obtain different information through social media and conduct rich discussions. If I am a teacher in the future, I will use social media to learn about topics that students are interested in, and collect some useful information to include in my curriculum. This will not only increase students’ interest in learning, but also allow students to actively participate in the course. For example, we can quickly search for some relevant information on social media through some keywords. But at the same time, I want to make sure that this information is correct and can be provided to students as a reference for learning. In social media, we can see people use different forms to create and share their lives and opinions. I think I can find some well-known users and screen out some of their good works to share with students. The most important thing is that we still have to learn more about this user’s background and avoid using users who are related to politics or racial discrimination. For open education, we have to be exposed many different things at the same time. This is also a test for us.

Reference

Jordan, K. & Weller, M. (2017) Openness and Education: A beginners’ guide. Global OER Graduate Network.

Major, Clair Howell. (2015). Teaching Online – A Guide to Theory, Research, and Practice. Johns Hopkins University Press. Retrieved from http://ebookcentral.proquest.com/lib/uvic/detail.action?docID=3318874 (p. 10)